This course will ensure that you are equipped with the essential skills to give expert support, with confidence, in the planning and preparation of training events. It provides a good knowledge of training processes and best practice.
An effective training administrator co-ordinates the administrative activities of the training function. By maintaining and developing information systems, this enables the department to operate proactively in employee development and training.
Designed for administrators who have responsibility for supporting the training function. This course will help you to develop the knowledge and skills required to be a successful and confident training administrator.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the role, skills, qualities and attributes which lead to success.
- Create training policies and your organisation’s strategy.
- Keep up-to-date with training issues.
- Establish training needs and create training plans.
- Understand the training cycle and supporting system.
- Identify learning styles.
Please bring with you examples of any documentation you currently use, for example pre-course questionnaires, evaluations etc.
This course requires the completion of a pre-course questionnaire in order that we can ensure that the course focuses on your key issues and needs, and those of your manager.
The Successful Training Administrator
- Defining the role, skills and qualities and attributes which lead to success
- Exploring your organisation's strategy and training policy
- Keeping up-to-date with training issues
Establishing Training Needs
- Identifying the training needs at individual, departmental and organisational levels
- Structuring of training plans and how to administer them
- Understanding the learning and development cycle
- Awareness of different learning styles and how to provide for them
Organisation and Administration
- Maintaining records, systems and libraries
- Identifying effective routines and administrative systems - simplifying procedures and utilising checklists
Managing Training Events
- Marketing your training event
- Identifying possible training solutions
- Exploring different training room environments
- Creating joining instructions
- Designing pre-course questionnaires
- Planning evaluations
- Formulating an action plan