This one-day course enables you to understand the risks, costs and cash flow pressures associated with international trade and how to manage them.
- Export sales teams
- Finance teams
- Project managers
- Those involved in new or difficult overseas markets
- Those who manage overseas debts
- Those involved in negotiating favourable credit terms to promote the growth of sales
- Those responsible for strategic and operational risk management
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the risks, costs and cash flow pressures associated with international trade and how to manage them.
- Help you to establish an effective policy when dealing with overseas buyers.
- Assess alternative methods of payment.
- Understand key mechanisms for managing currency exposures.
- Reduce the risk of exchange losses.
- Key issues facing exporting companies
- Establishing an export credit policy; risk assessment; checking out the buyer and the market
- Delivery terms (Incoterms® 2010)
- Trade transaction and financing strategies
- advance payment
- open account
- documentary letters of credit
- documentary collections and bills of exchange
- credit insurance
- Bank demand guarantees
Foreign Exchange Risk Management
- Understanding foreign exchange risk
- How exchange risks arise
- Types of exchange risk
- Managing the risks - hedging techniques
- How do banks 'price' FX rates?
- Obtaining the best exchange rate and service from your bank or FX provider