Master the basics of working in a finance department with this one-day introduction course.
Being new in a department can be tough. This course will help you to feel confident in your new role and provide you with knowledge and understanding of the finance department's key functions and how these functions interrelate.
Suitable for those new to the finance department, who have had no formal training but want to get to grips with the basics of finance. This programme will provide a good induction to the finance function allowing you to see the big picture and where your new role fits in.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the different functions of finance.
- Feel confident in working with your finance department colleagues.
- Complete simple bookkeeping.
- Account for VAT.
Understand the Different Functions in the Finance Department
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Credit management
- Understand the books of prime entry
- Complete simple double-entry bookkeeping
- Prepare simple profit and loss accounts and balance sheets
- Understand the different VAT rates
- Account for VAT
- Formulating an action plan