This course examines the causes and impact of workplace situations and activities that may be stressful for you. You will define the different types of stress and will be able to understand your own reaction to stress and how to use practical coping strategies to manage it more positively and proactively.
You will also have the opportunity to practice prioritising your workload and responding assertively to requests made by others that may have the potential to disrupt your plans. You will leave with a prioritised plan of activities for the next working day and a personal stress management plan.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their personal effectiveness and performance by applying stress management, prioritisation and assertiveness techniques to deal with conflicting demands at work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the three main types of stress and the three types of reactions to stress
- Identify coping mechanisms through physiological, psychological and behavioural responses
- Work towards your own stress management plan
- Prioritise daily tasks in a structured and methodical way to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Choose an appropriate response to requests made of your time and say ‘no’ positively and confidently