This high-impact residential programme will give leaders a crystal clear, 360-degree view of their strengths and development areas, using a globally recognised leadership framework from thought leaders Kouzes and Posner.
You will have the opportunity to receive one-to-one coaching and support from a facilitator in understanding your profile. They will help you to develop a personal leadership development plan to implement when you return to the workplace.
The Benefits of a Residential Course
Why is this a residential course?
We believe it allows you to continue your learning in a relaxed way (one of the exercises is carried out over dinner with the facilitators), it builds your network with other senior business leaders and encourages all in sharing knowledge and experience with fellow delegates.
It also means that the facilitators can give you the one-to-one coaching and feedback in a relaxed environment.
Suitable for department heads and senior managers who work cross-functionally. It is also valuable for high-potential individuals on the fast track to promotion. You will need to deliver results through the effective management of people.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of admired leaders.
- Explain the four leadership practices
- Know your personal leadership strengths and limitations
- Build on your strengths and manage your limitations
- Connect your own personal values with those of the organisation for which you work.
- Recognise the impact of your personal actions and behaviours on those around you.
- Develop and manage relationships with others, building their commitment to the success of the organisation.
- Learn ways to challenge the process.
- Build coaching relationships with others to maximise their impact on the organisation.
- Recognise the importance of motivation and reward.
There is a pre-course work assignment for this course which will take no more than an hour. In addition, you will be required to undertake mandatory LPI 360-degree feedback which must be completed at least two weeks prior to course start date.
- How leadership makes a difference (Kouzes and Posner Leadership Practices Inventory™ )
- The evolution of thinking about effective leadership
- Your strengths and development areas - how you see yourself and how others see you
- Looking at your motivations and drivers - what energises and what drains you
- Understanding your own responses and using this to influence others (emotional intelligence)
Model the Way and Share Your Vision
- Identify your personal values and how those values impact on the decisions we make
- Understand what leadership credibility is; the key to building trust and commitment
- Develop the skills to use unique vision stories
Challenging the Process Whilst Enabling Others to Act
- Identify how to challenge the status quo
- How to create a climate for challenge for you and others
- Developing a talent profile for your team members
- Understanding your impact as a role model
- Coaching team members to enable exceptional performance
Encouraging the Heart
- Recognising and rewarding individual and team contributions
- Showing genuine appreciation for excellent performance
- Building a team spirit and collective identity
Personal Application Plan
- Build a meaningful plan of action to make a difference to you, your organisation and your people
- Understand and plan for the barriers to achieving success