There are increasingly high expectations for corporate events and attendees expect a high-quality experience. For event organisers the pressure is on... it’s no easy task creating that memorable event!
Corporate events are a tried and tested method for businesses, associations and public bodies to reach and engage with their audiences. They perform a wide variety of functions and are highly effective. This course will give you the skills and confidence to deliver outstanding corporate events.
This one-day course is for people who organise any type of corporate events such as conferences, corporate hospitality, product launches, seminars, dinners, awards, exhibitions, away days, team building, reward and appreciation events.
It will provide the corporate event planner with everything they need to know about designing, planning and delivering sell out, high quality and rewarding events. If you have some event management experience that you would like to build on and improve this course is for you.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use research to plan an event your customers actually want.
- Use project planning to guide your event planning.
- Design, theme and position your event.
- Project plan, budget, recruit and book key people and services.
- Select, evaluate and plan your event venue.
- Create an engaging and well planned event programme.
- Achieve great audiences numbers through effective event promotion.
- Deliver a safe and well run event.
- Evaluate the return on event.
Welcome to the Real World of Event Planning!
- What do event planners do?
- The 8 stage event planning process
Creating Events Audiences Want to Attend
- Reasons to have an event
- Event research
- Event feasibility studies
- Establishing your audience profile
Designing Must Attend Events
- Creating and designing an event that excites!
- Agreeing the look, style, format
- Positioning your event for maximum impact
- Setting and using an event theme
- Setting an event date
Easy Steps to Successful Event Planning
- Event project plans
- Managing the budget
- Selecting your event team
- Working with competent contractors
- Planning a safe event
Planning the Perfect Event Venue
- Setting venue criteria
- Searching, evaluating and selecting your event venue
- Preparing site plans
Creating Must See Event Programmes
- Designing an event programme that’s excites
- Booking acts, entertainment and speakers
- Event catering
- Setting and running your event programme
Sold Out! How to Design Super Effective Event Promotional Campaigns
- Creating and writing compelling event copy
- Using a variety of promotional media
- Using calls to action, selling benefits and bonuses
- Methods of payment and registrations
- Event websites
How to Take the Stress Out of Event Day Delivery
- Event operational plans
- Managing your suppliers and services
- Event risk assessments
- Leading your events teams
- Running your event to time
- Return on event