This course focuses specifically on how to influence and negotiate upwards at a senior level.
The course teaches you the personal skills of maintaining composure to achieve meaningful negotiations with people from senior level and how to plan negotiation with minimal risks to you whilst developing a contingency plan.
You will develop a personal body language strategy that will support assertive negotiation whilst enabling you to read hidden messages in your negotiating partner.
The course also explores the practical techniques dealing with risk and negotiation breakdown.
Ideal for people who are required to negotiate to senior level either within an organisation or with external partners or customers.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a positive negotiating environment.
- Manage emotion and behaviour in negotiation.
- Read body language and look out for the non-verbal signs.
- Handle risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Setting objectives and desired outcomes from the negotiation
- Techniques for assessing your current position
- Bid preparation and understanding the other parties' stance
- Identifying body language and non-verbal communication
- Encourages self-awareness and how others perceive you and your influencing/negotiation style
- Bid, bargain and close the deal using a flexible eight-stage framework to formulate individual strategies for future influencing and negotiating needs