Understand digital marketing fundamentals. Create actionable digital marketing plans.
Understanding how to harness digital marketing platforms and technologies is essential for the modern business. This course provides a structured approach to building assets, creating and engaging the right audience and generating revenue online.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of digital marketing strategies and tactics and includes contemporary market case studies. You’ll learn how to set strategy, build assets, create audiences and convert passive prospects into hungry customers.
If you are in any way responsible for promoting or building a business brand using digital tools, tasked with sales and business development and want to use digital tools to support that, this is the course for you. Also, naturally suitable for those who have worked in marketing for a while, whether in digital or not, and need a refresher on the core principles or an integrated approach to using a combination of the right tools.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand and set digital strategy by evaluating the online operating environment, customer motivations, competitor positioning and setting objectives.
- Create websites that drive engagement and lead generation.
- Understand the basics of search engine optimisation to ensure your website is found.
- Create content that fuels your communications and sales functions.
- Design and implement social media campaigns that deliver tangible business opportunities.
- Evaluate and create advertising campaigns appropriate for your business.
- Understand digital analytics, setting goals and making improvements to your activity.
Digital marketing strategy
- Understanding your online market, customers and competitors
- Creating digital marketing objectives and setting conversion goals
- Configuring analytics
Building amazing website experiences
- Five second test
- User journeys
- Call to actions
- Website analysis
- Projects and briefing developers
Getting found and staying found – search engine optimisation
- On page SEO
- Off page SEO – link building
Show and tell with inbound content marketing
- Curation vs creation
- Written content
- Video content
- Illustrative content
- Creative content
- Distributing content
Maximising social media for your business
- Aggregation tools