If you are new to the job, this comprehensive virtual course is the ideal way to quickly gain the knowledge and skills you require to manage people and teams. The programme is very practical and based on everyday work situations so you can return to work feeling motivated and confident to drive your team to achieve great results.
You will learn how your behaviour can help build trust and loyalty as well as the most effective ways to set objectives, delegate tasks, manage performance and give feedback. You will also leave with a personal action plan to support you on your journey to becoming a great manager.
Suitable for supervisors, team leaders and line managers who are new or fairly new to the role or who have had no previous training in the basics of people management.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Set and reach both personal and team objectives
- Motivate, manage and lead your team and individuals to meet their objectives
- Use a five-stage structure to delegate tasks effectively
- Recognise when to give performance feedback and how to do so effectively
- Explain how to assess performance and monitor progress against goals
- Take steps to build an effective team and avoid dysfunction
- Select the most suitable methods of development for individuals in your team
- Understanding what is required of you in your role as a manager
- Defining the characteristics of a great manager
- Meeting the needs and demands of the task, team and individual
- Setting individual and team objectives, considering the requirements of the business
- Measuring and monitoring progress towards performance and behaviour goals
- Recognising strengths and developing individuals to achieve their potential
- Overcoming the barriers of effective delegation by applying a simple process
- Maximising and maintaining individual and team motivation
- Providing recognition and motivational feedback
- Delivering constructive feedback using a simple structure
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to issues of underperformance
- Providing support at the right time and in the right way to maximise performance