This workshop is designed to build a solid understanding of six sigma basics, incorporating an all-day exercise to demonstrate key principles and tools that are applicable in any industry.
Six sigma is a disciplined, data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects in any process and it seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimising variability in the process.
This is a one-day course that will consist of presentations, led discussion and short workshop sessions.
It incorporates a review of the Six Sigma problem solving methodology; Define – Measure – Analyse – Improve – Control (DMAIC).
This course is provided in partnership with Enabling Maximum Potential, who provide a wide range of lean six sigma training programmes.
This course is designed for delegates who wish to gain a solid understanding of six sigma methods, enabling them to apply best practice tools and confidently deliver any design project.
No specific qualifications/experience is required.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of six sigma
- Recognise best practice deployment of six sigma
- Select and scope a meaningful and manageable design for six sigma project
- Apply the six sigma methodology to deliver robust, defect free products and processes
- Use key tools for understanding and satisfying the 'voice of the customer'
- Set up and manage six sigma projects in a team-based environment
- Plan the next step of your lean six sigma learning journey
What is Six Sigma?
Brief history of Six Sigma
Six Sigma methodologies for problem solving and process improvement (DMAIC and DMADV)
Design Tools and Techniques
- Boundary diagrams
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Control plans
An exercise developed throughout the day to reinforce learning
We also offer training for Green and Black Belts' programmes in-house. For more information, please contact us on 0345 071 2806.