This course will help you to develop the leadership skills you need to lead successfully through times of pressure, stress and crisis. You will learn how our brains react to uncertainty and stressful situations and how to spot the warning signs early. You will then define how to move yourself and your teams through the necessary emotional changes, using your emotional intelligence and helping others to build their resilience in order for them to maintain high performance. During the course, you will work with a range of scenarios to evaluate different leadership approaches that you can then apply to your own teams. You will also explore a set of building blocks that support the development of an effective and resilient team and will consider how to leverage the intrinsic drivers that motivate people to perform under pressure.
This session is suitable for leaders who are focused on maintaining individual and team performance during a time of pressure, stress or crisis.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the signs of stress and decide when and how to intervene
- Demonstrate emotional resilience in times of uncertainty
- Formulate and implement a stress management plan
- Guide others to reflect positively on adverse experiences
- Develop a sense of purpose and psychological safety for your team
- Use coaching questions to guide people through a challenging situation
- Take action to maximise the dynamics of high performing teams
- Identify actions to increase motivation when under pressure