The principles of lean are recognised the world over as the most powerful and effective way to build and sustain continuously improving businesses.
Lean is a philosophy and a proven long-term approach that aligns everything in the business to the delivery of increased customer value. Lean focuses on orientating people and systems to deliver a continuous stream of value to the customer and eliminating waste and deficiencies in the process.
The concepts sound straightforward, but what do you actually need to do in order to develop a lean organisation? This course consists of presentations, led discussion and short workshop sessions.
This course is provided in partnership with Enabling Maximum Potential, who provide a wide range of lean six sigma training programmes.
This course is designed for senior engineering managers or project champions who need to lead their business into becoming a Lean Organisation.
Lean experience or attendance on the Lean Practitioner programme would be beneficial.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Develop the foundations of a lean transformation for their company
- Build upon these foundations to create a strong Lean culture
- Lead a Lean culture through a programme of continuous improvement and growth
Foundations of a Lean Company
- The Lean journey
- System of profound knowledge
- The value stream
- Levelled production
- Visual management
- Lean philosophy
Pillars of a Lean Company
- Takt, flow and pull
- Improving quality
- Lean measures and concepts
- Balancing work
- Integrated supply chains
Leading a Lean Company
- ‘Leadership’ versus ‘management’
- Stop fighting fires!
- Reducing waste
- Getting the best out of your people
- Policy deployment basics & common goals
- Continuous improvement
- A3 as communication and coaching tools