Turning your organisation's lean strategy into reality can be a real challenge for project leaders and engineers who are often tasked with achieving bottom line business improvements within an accelerated time frame.
This programme of development has been designed to provide the knowledge and skills on how to streamline business processes. This is a three-day course that will consist of presentations, led discussion and short workshop sessions.
This course is provided in partnership with Enabling Maximum Potential, who provide a wide range of lean six sigma training programmes.
This course is designed for engineering managers, project champions, green or black belts and other engineers who are about to embark on a programme to streamline their manufacturing or service/transactional processes. No specific qualifications/experience is required.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and visualise key processes within your company
- Map out the critical business value streams
- Understand the tools available to support a lean business
- Definition of lean and quality
- Brief history of lean
- Six sigma and lean
- Understanding and mapping process
- Value streams
- Value add versus non-value add
- Lean measures and concepts
- Value stream mapping
- Reducing waste
- Balancing work