This practical and comprehensive three-day course uses psychometric tools, case studies, group discussions, management games and role plays to enable managers to challenge their current way of managing in the workplace.
It is highly interactive and will equip participants with the knowledge and tools to deliver improved results upon their return to work.
Suitable for middle managers who are responsible for the performance of other managers/team leaders and who run a business unit or department.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify your personal leadership style and understand the impact it has on those around you.
- Know how to adapt your leadership style to the needs of the people you manage.
- Lead and manage change successfully, within the business, dealing with resistance along the way.
- Manage and organise your resources effectively to achieve business results.
- Deal with conflict in the workplace in a positive and constructive manner.
- Develop the performance of those around you through coaching and feedback.
- Deal with poor performers.
Personal Leadership Style
- The relationship between leading and managing
- Receiving feedback on your personal leadership style
- Analysing your personal leadership style
- Exploring self-perception and how others perceive you
- The impact of your style on those you manage
- Practical and applicable leadership models/tools
- Identifying your personal strengths and areas for development
Creating a Positive Environment through Change
- Initiating and leading change - your role as a manager and a champion
- Organisational culture and its impact on change initiatives
- Communicating change and delivering difficult messages
- Managing change on a day-to-day basis - plans into action
- Linking change to the business strategy
- Gaining commitment to the change and dealing with resistance
- Encouraging change, creativity and innovation
Achieving Goals through Resource Management
- Planning, organising and utilising resources
- Monitoring and controlling resources
- Effective delegation when under time and priority pressure(s)
Managing the Performance of Others through Coaching and Feedback
- Aligning performance to the organisational vision
- Setting clear performance expectations
- Coaching techniques to create high-performers
- Creating the environment and opportunities for others to grow
- Identifying the potential in others and creating a structured development plan
- Providing motivational feedback and praise
- Establishing a positive working environment
- Aligning personal and corporate values
- Identifying your personal conflict handling style
- Adapting your style to different situations
- Practical techniques for dealing with conflict and difficult people
Challenging & Dealing with Underperformance
- Defining underperformance and the reasons for it
- Giving constructive and timely feedback
- Remaining credible, honest and professional
- Techniques for dealing with poor performers