In the face of increasing customer and staff expectation as well as technological advances, maintaining a consistently resilient, focused and motivated customer service team is becoming an increasingly demanding role. This course enables Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders to maintain a productive customer focused climate.
Suitable for any customer service manager, customer service supervisor and customer service team leaders who are responsible for a team of customer service providers.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define and understand excellence in service delivery.
- Recognise your role and responsibilities as a customer service manager.
- List ways to effectively role model service excellence to your staff.
- List ways to motivate individual team members.
- Understand what can demotivate staff and avoid the pitfalls.
- Set SMART objectives.
- Use feedback as a tool to recognise excellence and improve performance.
Manager as a role model
- Your role and responsibilities
- Defining “excellence”
- Internal customer service excellence
- Your impact on the team and on their attitude and behaviours
- Creating a culture of service excellence
Understanding your customers’ expectations
- What do your customers think is excellent service
- Feedback from customers and how you use it
- Creating your standards
Motivating the team and the individual
- Understanding extrinsic and intrinsic motivators
- Understanding what factors demotivate individuals
- Setting SMART objectives
- Giving “in the moment” feedback
Personal Action Plan
- What will I do differently/more of/less of to help the team from tomorrow