This course explores the stages of the performance management cycle in some detail, considering what action a manager should take at each stage to support high performance. You will learn how to evaluate potential gaps between expected and actual performance and will be able to take appropriate action to close any gaps that you identify. You will then focus on techniques for conducting an effective conversation about performance and will have the opportunity to practise planning and facilitating a performance conversation in a safe and supportive environment.
This session is suitable for anyone in a management position who is responsible for monitoring and managing the performance of individuals and teams.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Articulate the link between effective performance management and business results
- Evaluate each stage in the performance management cycle
- Explain how to assess performance and monitor progress against goals
- Recognise when to give performance feedback and how to do so effectively
- Describe the value and impact of effective performance management conversations
- Follow a structure for leading the conversation
- Plan and execute an effective conversation about performance