This course will enable you to improve the way you interact with people and get the best out of others in order to achieve the successful outcomes you want and the business needs.
Your objectives and projects may rely on getting people on board who are more senior than you or who you have no direct authority. On this course, you will have the opportunity to plan some specific techniques and strategies you can use to increase your personal influence, build respect and communicate more assertively. You will leave with an action plan for increasing your confidence and influence in the situations you have identified as important.
This course is suitable for individuals who communicate at all levels - including managers, directors and clients - and who do so with little or no line of authority.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Know how to respond assertively to passive and aggressive behaviour
- Apply an assertive response to some common workplace situations
- Implement a plan to deal with others more assertively
- Identify different communication styles in action and flex your style to influence others
- Reflect on how you want to be perceived by others and work on presenting a positive image
- Identify the sources of power in an organisation and use these to increase your influence