In this session you will explore the various challenges associated with working with and leading virtual teams, which are becoming more and more commonplace in the modern working environment. You will cover strategies for fostering team unity, communicating effectively, and motivating your virtual team. You will also consider the role of technology and how to select the right medium of communication for the message.
This short session is suitable for anyone in a management position who is responsible for monitoring and managing the performance of virtual teams.
By using a combination of interactive tools throughout the session, participants learn how to lead, motivate and use technology in the right way when working in the modern work environment.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the features, benefits and challenges of a virtual team
- Describe strategies for fostering unity in a virtual team
- Evaluate tools for communicating with a virtual team
- Define best practice for leading a virtual team meeting
- Plan how to motivate virtual team members
- When does a team become virtual?
- Advantages of virtual teams
- Challenges of virtual teams
Leading a Virtual Team
- Using the three strategies: unity, communication and performance
- Building team unity; building trust and sharing common purposes/goals
- Overcoming communication challenges
- Best practices for virtual meetings
- Enhancing team performance through motivation, evaluation and feedback