Employers who invest time in wellbeing at work benefit from more productive, committed and loyal staff, higher employee retention and lower absenteeism. There is a positive association between wellbeing, job satisfaction and an employee’s job performance.
As a leader or manager you have a crucial role to play in the wellbeing of your team. Your leadership style can enhance or negatively impact wellbeing and work-life balance. If wellbeing is impacted, productivity and morale suffer.
This course explores the factors affecting wellbeing and work-life balance, and offers solutions and ideas that will help you to create a positive working environment.
This course is suitable for leaders and managers who want to understand more about wellbeing at work so they can improve their teams’ productivity, morale and commitment, and to help enhance work-life balance.
By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes wellbeing and work-life balance
- Appreciate the effect health and wellbeing have on team performance
- Utilise leadership practices that support the wellbeing and health of employees
- Proactively and visibly commit to improving the wellbeing and work-life balance of people you manage
- Create a supportive environment that enables employees to be proactive in managing their own wellbeing
- Adopt a positive leadership style that includes encouragement, coaching and support
- Create an action plan to identify how you can enhance the wellbeing and work-life balance of your employees
The Context of Wellbeing and Work-Life Balance
- Exploring definitions and the reality of both these terms
- Identifying causes of work-related stress
- Quiz to identify the cost of not managing wellbeing at work
- The legal and moral case for good management practices
- Demographic challenges that affect wellbeing and work-life balance
Managing Wellbeing and Work-Life Balance
- Understanding positive pressure vs stress
- Management standards – 6 key areas to help manage stress
- Performance management process and how it builds supportive relationships
- Dealing with presenteeism (being at work when you should be at home because you are ill) in the workplace
Developing a Leadership Style that Supports Wellbeing
- Defining a leadership style that creates a supportive environment enabling employees to perform
- Stress management competency assessment tool
- Promoting the ‘Five Ways to Wellbeing’ in your team
- Create a personalised leadership action plan