This course will introduce you to a few simple yet brilliantly effective techniques to make minute taking quicker and easier. You will learn how to take control, ensure that the meeting is productive, and develop the confidence and competence to know that you’ve got everything covered. Throughout the course you will be taken through a step-by-step approach to producing effective minutes, using templates to help you produce structured agendas and take notes effectively. Practical exercises will help you build confidence and put your own ideas into practice.
This course is designed for anyone who needs the confidence and skills to produce accurate meeting minutes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify different types of meetings and the requirements of each
- Work in partnership with the chair and colleagues when preparing the agenda, meeting papers and minutes
- Describe the principal elements of different types of meeting agenda
- Recognise and overcome barriers to listening to help maintain concentration and capture key points
- Try out both new and 'tried and tested' note-taking techniques
- Produce a clear and concise set of minutes