This programme will equip you with the skills you need to operate at the highest level of your business and to manage not only your sales team, but to increase the efficiency of your whole sales operation.
We will review how to deploy key account management strategies, how to improve sales forecasting, how to develop an overall sales strategy and how to build relationships between sales and the various departments within your business, and why that is important.
By the end of the programme, you will increase your ability and confidence in leading a sales department and have a better understanding of how to increase not only your overall sales profitability, but also how to bring about a key change in your organisation to improve its business performance.
This course is designed for sales managers who are moving into a sales director role, as well as sales managers who wish to be more strategic in their role.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role a sales director plays in a business and the impact they can have
- Gain hands-on knowledge of sales forecasting and sales force management
- Increase your ability and confidence in influencing, managing and motivating teams
- Gain practical tools for managing a customer portfolio and creating customer value
- Develop an understanding of major issues in international and global account management
The Role of a Sales Director
- Roles and responsibilities
- Reporting and the power of forecasting
- Market planning and strategy
Organisational Design for Sales Teams
- Understanding structural issues and account management design
- The value chain of the sales department
- Understanding the dynamics of sales growth and market penetration
Sales Motivation and Management
- Designing sales incentives
- Motivating through measurement
- The art of target setting
Developing Sales Managers
- The director coach and mentor
- The importance of emotional intelligence in leading others
- Building a fun place to work