This course identifies what skills and practices are required to achieve successful negotiations and introduces a comprehensive framework that covers the entire process: from how to prepare for a negotiation, to concluding an agreement to accomplish a positive result for both sides. You will also have the opportunity to identify a real upcoming negotiation and to practise working through the process and applying the associated skills in a safe and supportive environment.
This course is for people who are new to formal negotiation.
- Identify what works and what the focus is for successful negotiations
- Clarify the difference between transactional and collaborative negotiation
- Explain the four and eight-step process for successful negotiations
- Describe what a BATNA (Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement) is and how it is used to achieve success in a negotiation
- Confidently conduct a negotiation through to conclusion