OBASHI® is a breakthrough in Information Technology thinking that will enable you to clearly see how your business actually works facilitating better decisions as a result.
OBASHI will make things clearer and help you make better decisions because it’s been designed, specifically, to help people improve how their organisations perform.
OBASHI allows you to create a visual map that shows:
- How your business works.
- The assets that make it work.
- The inter-dependencies between those assets.
- A clear pathway for refining company processes and procedures.
Suitable for individuals across the business, from management through compliance officers and IT providers who need a common language and intuitive, cross-functional approach to understand how business change will affect their specific roles.
There are no pre-requisites for this certification, however, candidates are expected to have studied the official OBASHI manual.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Provide a structure for capturing and showing the relationships and dependencies between business assets, IT assets and resources.
- Create a visual map of an organization in order to understand the current state of the business before implementing change.
- Map how data flows around a business to highlight how the business works and document logical and physical relationships.
- Connect silos that exist within a current operation without compromising existing IT structure.
- Deliver benefits at every level of the organization and facilitate corporate strategic thinking.
The OBASHI methodology is sequential and consists of 6 layers:
- Business Process
These layers are mapped out in a Business and IT diagram (B&IT) which provides the framework to store this information usefully.
The OBASHI B&IT diagram is a universally useful tool because it helps simplify business complexity in a way which everyone can see and understand. For the first time you will actually be able to see how activities, processes and the supporting technical infrastructure are linked to deliver the required business outputs.
If you can see and understand the challenges that your business faces, then you are better placed to make the right decisions in order to help make your business better.
Principles and terminology of the OBASHI method
- Understand how OBASHI supports the business strategy
- Describe the benefits OBASHI can bring to an organisation
- Understand the concept of dataflow.
- Be able to explain the purpose and use of a DAV and describe how it is constructed
- Recall OBASHI core principles and laws of OBASHI
- List and describe the concept of layers and elements in OBASHI
- Be able to explain the purpose and use of a B&IT diagram and describe how it is constructed (including use of colour)
- Understand the laws of digital dynamics
- Understand the OBASHI rules and relationships (incl. relationship persistence)
- Understand the concept of logical and physical models.
The OBASHI Foundation exam:
- 50 simple and complex multiple-choice questions
- 60 minutes duration
- 30 correct answers out of 50 are required to pass (60%)