On this course, you will learn how to define influence, persuasion and negotiation. You will also use two key models to draw on organisational sources of power and to increase your influence by applying different styles to suit different individuals and situations. You will also explore the purpose and benefits of persuasion and learn how to use a range of different approaches to persuasion, based on Robert Cialdini’s Six Principles. Finally, you will look at different kinds of negotiation and be introduced to a comprehensive framework that covers the entire process; from how to prepare for a negotiation, to concluding an agreement that works for both parties.
This course is suitable for anyone who would like to get better at influencing, persuading and negotiating with key decision-makers and stakeholders.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define influencing, persuading and negotiation, and when to use each one
- Identify the sources of power in an organisation and use these to increase your influence
- Explain how to use different influencing styles to suit different situations
- Identify the different social styles and use them to positively impact your personal influencing situations
- List the Six Principles of Persuasion and explain how they can be used in practice
- Prepare for and plan an effective negotiation
- Work through a structured process to reach a mutually beneficial agreement