You can already put together your content and your visuals, and can deliver your presentation. What’s missing is making an impact with your messages while delivering a memorable event for any audience. Working with your Hemsley Fraser coach you will explore in a small group how to craft and deliver more positive, creative and interesting presentations. Individual feedback will be provided throughout this workshop along with a recording of your deliveries.
This hands-on workshop gives you the opportunity to work with an experienced Hemsley Fraser coach and presenter. Individual and group feedback combined with some personal reflection will help you to stimulate more positive outcomes from your presentations including challenges such as larger, multinational, more resistant or mixed level audiences or more sensitive or controversial subjects.
If you have built some confidence and experience but wish to get more out of your presentations by improving your delivery skills join this workshop where your coach will show you the secrets of turning average presentations into outstanding and memorable events.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Profile your audience for levels of interest, ability and influence.
- Make your first impressions count and channel nerves to improve outcomes.
- Build and maintain audience interest throughout your presentations.
- Help your audience remember your key points.
- Use positive language adding variety of tone, humour and silence.
- Adapt your approach for larger and multicultural audiences.
- Deal with difficult topics and behaviours, handle objections and think on your feet.
- Understand how visuals and recent technology can increase impact.
Whilst planning, preparation and practice time is available on the course, you may wish to give some thought to the subject of the presentations you wish to practise. Perhaps one work related and one leisure related subject. Please also bring any information with you that you will need for your preparation or presentation.
- Good preparation - planning and structure
- Establishing credibility and interest
- Defining and redefining the objectives
- Connecting confidently with challenging audiences
- Vocal energy while using notes inconspicuously
- Keeping the audience hooked
- Motivate with curiosity
- Adapting to larger audiences
- Establish rapport and profiling your audience
- Presenting across cultures
- Difficult people and questions
- Delivering more sensitive or controversial subjects
- PowerPoint delivery tips, flipcharts, handouts and props
- The power of colour and pictures and adapting to the audience
- Using technologies smoothly (eg internet, webex, audio and videoconference)
- Formulating a personal action plan – including further courses
- Digital assets to continue building your skills