This course will help you to understand your 'default' mind-set and how this can influence your behaviours and feelings at work. You will learn some immediately applicable techniques for helping yourself and changing your mind-set when faced with challenging situations. The session also explores the theory behind positive psychology along with defining what it is and how it might differ from other areas of psychology that may be more familiar to you. You will practise reflection to help you make your unconscious behaviours more conscious as well as exercises to take back into the workplace to and put into practice.
This course is suitable for everyone. No knowledge of psychology is required.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what positive psychology is and how it differs from other fields of psychology
- Describe the five pillars of the PERMA model
- Explain how psychological mind-sets influence behaviours
- Use tools to help manage your mind-set, your behaviours and feelings to stay optimistic when faced with challenging situations
- Develop your strengths at work through coaching exercises
- Plan to develop your lower strengths to widen your choices of mind-set