This course will help you to transform your presentation skills, empowering you with greater control, composure and confidence. You will start with an overview of the key steps required when preparing to deliver an engaging presentation, applying the Rule of Three to ensure that your presentation has a memorable start and finish. The course also covers storytelling and how to use visual aids to enhance, rather than detract from, your message. You will then explore how to manage your audience, keeping them engaged and managing questions and other interactions – whether virtually or face-to-face. You will then have the opportunity to practice your presentation skills in a safe and supportive environment, and to evaluate other people's presentations that you observe. Some will be recorded for you to review, and you will be given constructive feedback on how to enhance your approach and delivery. You will leave us with a toolkit of tips and techniques giving you the ability to engage any audience and to project confidence and professionalism.
This session is suitable for anyone who is required to present at work and would like to build their skills and confidence in preparing and delivering a professional presentation.
- Plan and organise your presentation using a structured approach
- Incorporate relevant stories to make your presentation more powerful
- Use visual aids to maintain interest and enhance your message
- Keep your audience engaged with enthusiasm and clear communication
- Interact with your audience, taking questions and feedback
- Speak to groups with greater confidence and professionalism
- Focus audience attention on the key issues
You will be required to prepare two presentations: one of around 5 minutes in length to deliver on day one, and a longer 10 minute one to deliver on day two. The topic of each presentation is entirely your choice, they may be work-related or personal. You are encouraged to prepare in advance any information that you will need for your presentation.
We will provide you with a template to start to plan your presentation in advance of the session, and you will complete this as you go along.
- Defining the purpose of your presentation
- Planning to meet the needs of your audience
- Applying a five-stage structure to enhance the flow of your presentation
- Considering the use of visual aids, media and technology
- Preparing to answer questions and objections from the audience
- Using storytelling techniques to engage your audience
- Channelling nerves to help you demonstrate confidence
- Positive language, body language, and appropriate gestures
- Projecting your voice to sound interested, enthusiastic and professional
- Practising your delivery, timing and flow
- Connecting, managing and interacting with your audience
- Top techniques for influence, credibility, interest and recall