This is a highly regarded course for those who want to develop a sound, professional grounding in the PRINCE2 methodology.
There are many benefits to both the individual and the organisation of adopting PRINCE2. The method provides:
- A practical step-by-step guide to successfully manage any project
- A flexible method that can be tailored to any organization or role involved in managing projects
- An accessible and globally recognised certification which adds value to your CV.
Every element of this course has been designed with care to cover the subject matter thoroughly – with advice about how to use PRINCE2 in practice along with preparing you fully to undertake both the Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
The PRINCE2 project management methodology is widely employed by many of the UK's leading private and public sector organisations. This intensive five-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough knowledge of the four main elements of PRINCE2:
- The 7 processes
- The 7 themes
- The 7 principles
- How to tailor the use of PRINCE2
Delegates will sit both the PRINCE2 Foundation examination and the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination. Presented by PRINCE2 approved trainers with practical experience of applying the method in the real world, the course is fully compliant with the latest version of PRINCE2.
All delegates will receive a free copy of the 6th Edition PRINCE2 manual 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'.
This course is fully accredited by Axelos, the organisation responsible for developing, enhancing and promoting the PRINCE2 best practice methodology globally.
The course is intended for all aspiring PRINCE2 practitioners who require a solid grounding in the PRINCE2 methodology, processes and themes. This course prepares delegates for both the Foundation and Practitioner exams. To make the most of the course, delegates should ideally have experience of team leading, project management or project assistance/support.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use a proven project management methodology that can plan, organise and control the successful implementation of projects.
- Understand how the PRINCE2 methodology can be flexible and adaptable for any type and size of project.
- Complete the Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
- Bring your employees and organisation in line with an internationally recognised methodology.
The PRINCE2 Foundation examination will expect candidates to:
- Demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method, to be awarded the PRINCE2 Foundation qualification. PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination will expect candidates to:
- Demonstrate sufficient ability to apply and tailor the PRINCE2 project management method.
- Start applying the method to a real project, however, candidates may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations.
The individuals project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
To prepare for this intensive course, a sound understanding of project management is required. To assist you with your preparation for the Foundation exam, Hemsley Fraser has devised a study plan. The course entails a significant amount of pre-course work and evening work during the course. Our advice is to do as much pre-work as possible (approximately 20 hours of study time), to give you the best chance of success.
The pre-course work involves:
- Reading the PRINCE2 manual and supporting summaries. This should be read before the course, and used during your classroom training to support your continued learning of PRINCE2.
- Watching a summary video and accessing our online Foundation exam simulator and sample Practitioner exam paper.
This course is a series of virtual instructor-led sessions over the course of 4.5 days and then an exam on the afternoon of the 5th day
Monday Thursday - 09:30 – 12:30 / 13:30-16:30
Friday – 09:00 – 12:00
Friday pm - exam
Introduction to the PRINCE2 methodology
- Define the characteristics of a project
- Six aspects of project performance
- Integrated elements of PRINCE2
- Understand the key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
The seven PRINCE2® principles are:
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The PRINCE2 process model – Covering the Seven Processes
For each of the Seven Process, it will cover the:
- Key outputs of each process
- Which themes are used within each process
The Seven Processes:
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing a stage boundary
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
The Seven PRINCE2 Themes
For each of the Seven Themes it will cover:
- An Explanation of its the purpose
- The Minimum requirements that apply to each theme
- Purpose and the key management products for each theme
- Applying PRINCE2 to each Theme
The Seven Themes are
- Business case
- Tailoring / embedding PRINCE2 to meet the needs of organisations and project environments
- The guidance on tailoring the principles, themes, process, terminology and management products.
- The PRINCE2 Foundation examination
- The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination