The PRINCE2 project management methodology is widely employed by many of the UK's leading private and public sector organisations. This intensive three-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough knowledge of the processes and themes of PRINCE2.
All delegates will receive a free copy of the PRINCE2 manual 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'.
This course is fully accredited by the Educational Institute.
All of our courses run to the latest PRINCE2 2017 manual. For details of the changes to the manual please call us on 0345 071 2801.
Taken as either a five-day option combining both Foundation and Practitioner examinations or individually as a three-day Foundation and a three-day Practitioner Conversion, these accredited courses have been designed to provide delegates with the skills to understand the PRINCE2 methodology and its practical application.
Suitable for people requiring a solid grounding in the PRINCE2 project management methodology, and who do not require the depth of the Practitioner programme. To make the most of the course, delegates should ideally have some experience of basic project management principles. Typical delegates are new project managers or have been working in a project support role.
The PRINCE2 Foundation examination will expect candidates to:
- Demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method, to be awarded the PRINCE2 Foundation qualification.
The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
To prepare for this intensive course, a sound understanding of project management is required. To assist you with your preparation for the Foundation exam, Hemsley Fraser has devised a study plan. The course entails a significant amount of pre-course work and evening work during the course.
Our advice is to do as much pre-work as possible (between 10 and 15 hours of study time), to give you the best chance of success.
The pre-course work involves:
- Reading the PRINCE2 manual and supporting summaries. This should be read before the course, and used during your classroom training to support your continued learning of PRINCE2.
- Watching a summary video and accessing our online Foundation exam simulator.
Introduction to the PRINCE2 methodology
- Define the characteristics of a project
- Six aspects of project performance
- Integrated elements of PRINCE2
- Understand the key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
The Seven PRINCE2® Principles are:
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The PRINCE2 Process Model – Covering the Seven Processes
For each of the seven processes, it will cover the:
The Seven Processes are:
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing a stage boundary
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
The Seven PRINCE2 Themes
For each of the seven themes it will cover:
- An explanation of its the purpose and key concepts
- The minimum requirements that apply to each theme
- Purpose and the key management products for each theme
The Seven Themes are:
- Business case
- Tailoring / embedding PRINCE2 to meet the needs of organisations and project environments
- Explain which aspects of a project can be tailored, who is responsible, and how tailoring decisions are documented
- The PRINCE2 Foundation examination