This is an intensive three-day course where delegates will be working through sample Objective Testing (OTQs) Practitioner Exam questions. To gain the most out of this course, having had some recent practical experience of managing projects is helpful.
In other circumstances we believe the five-day Foundation and Practitioner course is better suited.
This course is fully accredited by the Educational Institute.
All of our courses run to the latest PRINCE2 2017 manual. For details of the changes to the manual please call us on 0345 071 2801.
Taken as either a five-day option combining both Foundation and Practitioner examinations or individually as a three-day Foundation and a three-day Practitioner Conversion, these accredited courses have been designed to provide delegates with the skills to understand the PRINCE2 methodology and its practical application.
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation 2009 version or later
- Project Management Professional (PMI PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (PMI CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)/APM Qualifications
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)/ APM Qualifications
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)/APM Qualifications
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)/APM PMQ qualification
Please see the PRINCE2 certification pages on AXELOS.com for further information.
Delegates must have met the requirements outlined in the above ‘Is it right for me?’ section.
If you are new to PRINCE2 you are expected to have read the PRINCE2 text or refreshed your PRINCE2 knowledge before attending this programme. It is recommended that you complete the pre-course activities as you will be examined on the current version of PRINCE2. This PRINCE2 Practitioner Conversion programme is designed to prepare delegates to pass the Practitioner exam, rather than teaching the PRINCE2 method itself. To prepare for this intensive course, a sound understanding of project management is required.
To assist you with your preparation for the practitioner exam, Hemsley Fraser has devised a study plan. The course entails a significant amount of pre-course work and evening work during the course.
Our advice is to do as much pre-work as possible, to give you the best chance of success.
The pre-course work involves:
- Reading the PRINCE2 manual and supporting summaries. This should be read before the course, and used during your classroom training to support your continued learning of PRINCE2 .
- Watching a summary video and accessing our online Foundation exam simulator and sample Practitioner exam paper.
Apply the PRINCE2 Methodology
- The 7 PRINCE2 principles: continued business justification, learn from experience, defined roles and responsibilities, manage by stages, manage by exception, focus on products, and tailor to suit the project environment.
- The 7 PRINCE2 themes: business case, organisation, quality, plans, risk, change, progress.
- The 7 PRINCE2 processes: starting up a project, initiating a project, planning, directing a project, controlling a stage, managing product delivery, managing a stage boundary, closing a project.
- Tailor PRINCE2 to meet the needs of organisations and project environments.
Please remember to bring your Axelos PRINCE2 manual with you if you took the Foundation exam using the 2017 version of PRINCE2. If you are re-accrediting your PRINCE2 practitioner which was based on PRINCE2 09 please advise us of that fact and we will provide you with an updated version.