PRINCE2 Agile has been developed as a single-tier Practitioner qualification. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to demonstrate that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2 Agile in a scenario situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations.
Your individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 Agile in your work environment will all be factors that impact what you can achieve.
This qualification is aimed at Project Managers who hold a current PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification. It is also relevant to other key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts within PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with programme and project support functions.
Please note this course will not teach you PRINCE2 but it will teach you PRINCE2 Agile.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2 and the agile way of working
- Apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Apply or tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
- Prepare and sit the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course to help them prepare for the course. The pre-course reading is expected to take approximately 10 hours to complete.
- What is PRINCE2 Agile
- Projects and BAU
- An overview of agile
- Blending PRINCE2 and agile together
- The Hexagon what to fix and flex
- Focus areas such as rich communication (including workshops)
- Starting up a project, initiating a project including:
- Value assessment
- Cynefin approach
- Requirements and user stories
- MoSCoW prioritisation
- Managing product delivery including:
- Scrum framework
- Burn charts, information radiators and work packages
- Controlling a stage and managing a stage boundary including:
- Frequent releases
- Directing a project
- Closing a project
- The business case
- Organisation including:
- Servant leadership
- Principles and behaviours
- Quality (Including the Definition of Done)
- Change and the feedback loop
- The Agilometer and the Risk Theme
- The PRINCE2 Management Products
- Kanban and The Kanban Method
- Lean Start-up
- PRINCE2Agile Health check
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner Exam
- 2.5 hour exam
- Open book: PRINCE2 Agile manual only
- Objective Testing Exam
- Taken on the afternoon of the third day
- 50 questions, each worth 1 mark
- Pass mark is 60% (30 marks out of 50)
You can take the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certificate if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (or higher)
- PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- Project Management Professional® (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)
- IPMA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam.