This highly participative course is designed for experienced PAs and secretaries who wish to develop their managerial skills in order to take on more responsibility in the future.
This course forms part of a three tier development path. Please also refer to Success Skills for PAs and Administrators to ensure that this programme is the most suitable to meet your needs.
Suitable for senior PAs and executive secretaries, management assistants and executive assistants who are looking to increase their performance and develop their managerial capability.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the changes to your role and your organisation.
- Understand the role and expectations of an executive PA.
- Identify your career drivers.
- Overcome barriers to achieving greater success.
- Develop the managerial aspects of your role and increase your areas of responsibility.
- Understand how to work with senior management.
- Plan and monitor small projects effectively.
- Use the practical tips to solve problems and make good decisions.
- Fully contribute effectively in meetings.
Your Role – Looking Forward
- Organisational change and its effect on your role
- The skills needed to be an outstanding PA
- The future of the PA/secretarial role
What Drives You?
- Identify your career drivers
- Recognise and overcome barriers to your success
- Move out of your comfort zone
Working Effectively with Management and your Colleagues
- How to get the most from the people you deal with
- The differences in dealing with different levels of manager
- Increasing your own self-awareness by examining your behaviour style
- Proactive tips to help you gain control
Managing Small Projects
- A four-staged approach to managing projects
- Basic planning tools and techniques
- Creating a work breakdown structure
Thinking from a Manager’s Perspective
- Understanding the role of senior management
- Coming up with great ideas
- Solving problems creatively
- Making good decisions
Preparing to Speak in Front of Others
- Preparing and presenting information at meetings
- Communicating confidently at a senior level
- Representing your manager at meetings