“Project management is about doing projects right; programme management is about doing the right projects at the right time.”
This one-day workshop will give you an insight into how to manage a programme to its successful conclusion. You will be given a brief outline of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) methodology and will identify the skills needed to manage programmes in line with everyday business practices to achieve strategic aims.
MSP is an internationally recognised best practice programme management method, which can be tailored to suit any type of working culture and any size or type of programme.
This awareness workshop is ideal for those who have experience of managing or working in a project environment and are looking to develop their career in programme management.
Knowledge of a project management approach is advantageous but by no means mandatory, as exposure to project management will aid your understanding of programme management.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the theories behind running a programme.
- Be aware of the following aspects of programmes:
- The strategic context and roadmaps
- How to manage uncertainty
- How to represent stakeholders
- The fundamentals of managing complex change
An Overview of Programme Management
- What is a programme and how does it differ from both business as usual and project work?
- Appreciate the relationship between the:
- Seven principles
- Nine governance themes
- Six transformational flow processes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Realising the vision
- Business case management
- Benefits management
- Programme planning and control
Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying and defining a programme
- Successful delivery of change
- Governing a programme
- Closing a programme