Course duration: 7-8 days.
This blended course combines classroom training and remote e-learning to help delegates prepare for the Project Management Institute’s ‘Certified Associate in Project Management’ (CAPM®) examination.
The PMI is widely viewed as the leading global association for the project management profession.
This highly interactive course provides a thorough introduction to the PMI®'s principles and takes delegates through the phases of a project using PMI's knowledge areas and processes.
The course includes e-learning, exam simulations and access to a tele-coach to help prepare you for the CAPM examination.
Completion of the fully blended course will enable candidates to claim up to 72 contact hours / PDUs.
The course content is licensed from our partner STS - Sauter Training & Simulation SA, a leading provider of PMI accredited training.
As a PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), Hemsley Fraser has agreed to abide by PMI established quality assurance criteria. The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Project team members and new project managers who want a working knowledge of the PMI principles and are looking to gain a recognised project management qualification.
The examination is not included within the course. All delegates wishing to sit the CAPM examination must register directly with the Project Management Institute.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify essential skills for working as a project team member.
- Understand the PMI’s project management process.
- Understand how the processes and knowledge areas are interrelated
- Satisfy the 23-hour formal project management training requirement to apply to sit the PMI examination
- Sit the CAPM examination through a series of simulations and exam techniques
Part 1: Two days of classroom learning
- PMBOK® Guide and the Project Management framework
- Introduction to the knowledge areas and processes
- Development of the Process:
Part 2: E-learning (recommended 15 hours)
- Each delegate has access to interactive training software that enables you to build your knowledge of the PMBOK® Guide at your own time and pace.
Part 3: One day classroom learning
- The processes continued:
- Planning (continued)
Part 4: E-learning (recommended 15 hours)
- Continued exercises using the e-learning software including the X-AM PMP software enabling you to practise exam style questions and receive feedback on your answers
Part 5: 1 day classroom learning
- Tips and techniques for passing the CAPM, including a mock examination
This course provides you with the 23 contact hours of project management education required to take the CAPM examination.
Delegates wishing to take the CAPM examination must hold EITHER:
1. A High School Diploma or equivalent (e.g. A Level or any GCSE) and 1,500 hours project management experience.
2. A High School Diploma or equivalent (e.g. A Level or any GCSE) and 23 contact hours of project management education.