Sixty percent of people achieve promotion through who they know, not what they know.
This course is designed to help you build your personal image and give you the confidence and skills to become a successful networker. You will learn a range of essential skills that can be applied both in and out of work to increase your visibility and presence and become brilliant!
Suitable for secretaries, PAs, support staff and administrators who want to raise their profile and expand their network in order to build relationships and achieve personal success.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Develop the key skills, tools and techniques which will enable you to be brilliant.
- Understand what a manager wants from their PA/secretary.
- Overcome your fears and feel confident to stretch your comfort zone.
- Build your personal brand.
- Identify how to expand your network to achieve brilliance.
- Identify areas of your life to achieve brilliance
- Focused analysis on your career and personal development
- Action planning to achieve success
What a Manager Wants
- Six criteria that makes a successful PA/secretary
- Characteristics of being brilliant
- Stretching your comfort zone
- Use of positive language
Overcoming Your Fears and Building Confidence
- Understand and overcome your personal doubts and fears
- Believe in yourself, recognise and build on your strengths
- Build yourself up, instead of knocking yourself down
Creating Your Personal Brand
- Gain an understanding of your uniqueness
- Learn to stand out from the crowd
- Make first impressions last
- Dress to impress
- Your 60 second verbal business card
Networking for Success
- Examining your own network
- Understanding the importance of networking
- The rewards brought by successful networking
- It's not what you know, it’s who you know