This virtual course is designed to help you build your professional image, give you the confidence and skills to become a successful networker, and build more productive relationships.
You will start by evaluating the perception that other people have of you and consider the best approach for projecting the image you want to create in the workplace, using a five-step process for developing a memorable and consistent personal brand. The course will also introduce you to the practical benefits of understanding your own and others' communication style, approach and emotional responses – and how to use this awareness to your advantage when building relationships.
Finally, you will cover the most important interpersonal elements of networking: making a positive introduction that is true to your personal brand, building rapport with new contacts, making small talk and remembering people’s names.
This course is for people who would like to learn how to positively project the image and impression that they choose, and to use this to build more productive relationships and reach their own potential.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the impact of your behaviour on the impression you make on others
- Develop a personal branding statement
- Express practical ways of controlling the image you choose to project
- Recognise different social styles in practice and how they affect the communication process
- Communicate in a manner that positively reflects your personal brand
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in interpersonal relationships and plan how to build and develop them
- Exploring perceptions and analysing your impact on others
- Increasing self-awareness, knowing your values and recognising emotional triggers
- Creating effective relationships through trust, honesty and being open without fear
- Tips for making a great first impression and quickly building rapport with people you don’t know
- Developing your personal brand to give others the perception that you want them to have about you
- Building your self-confidence and avoiding self-consciousness in social situations
- Breaking the cycle of negative self-talk
- Adopting appropriate nonverbal communication to be consistent with the message you intend
- Seven steps to personal impact
- Analysis of the four social styles, and how to flex your style to make the right impact
- How to work with people who are opposite to you in style