This is a practical course using a mixture of your live issues and case studies to help you add value as an L&D consultant. Needs analysis, commissioning, design, delivery, and evaluation are essential parts of an integrated training strategy to support your internal stakeholders and drive your organisation forward.
Commissioning managed services and Technology Enabled Learning (TEL) and blended learning feature strongly on this event. Design and delivery are covered more from the perspective of those commissioning and evaluating the training rather than designing or delivering a great deal themselves.
You will be introduced to the key principles and latest practices in learning and development. You will learn how to blend a range of methods to support and drive forward the organisation's agenda. You will leave with an action plan to apply this to your organisation building in the latest thinking on the subject and your organisation’s specific needs.
The course is aimed to provide practical tools and techniques and key considerations to both newer L&D specialists, those wanting a refresher and/or update and line managers with learning and development responsibilities.
The course is not aimed at very experienced L&D specialists in these areas.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the L&D Consultant
- Describe key factors and techniques in devising a learning and development strategy
- Identify a range of techniques for identifying learning needs for individuals and organisations
- State key considerations in deciding whether to commission design and delivery externally and main factors in commissioning successfully
- List a range of methods to manage and evaluate design and delivery of external and in house providers
- Highlight significant factors in designing, delivering and commissioning TEL and blended learning
- State when and how to outsource managed services for learning and development
The Role of the Learning Consultant
- The role & responsibilities of the Learning Consultant
- How to devise an effective learning strategy, key inputs and outputs
- Tools and techniques for business and learning needs analysis
Commissioning and Managing Design & Delivery
- When and how to create an effective request for proposal (RFP) or invitation to tender (ITT)
- Management and evaluation of external designers and deliverers
TEL and Blended Learning – Risks and Opportunities
- Main categories of TEL and blended learning, latest developments and opportunities
- When (and when not) to consider a TEL or blended learning solution
- Measuring added value of TEL and blended learning
Outsourcing and Managed Services
- Choosing an effective Learning Management System (LMS)
- Commissioning and monitoring L&D managed services
Evaluation and Action Planning
- Beyond Kirkpatrick, latest evaluation methods and metrics
- Action planning and networking