This highly interactive two-day course focuses on preparation for and managing face-to-face meetings with your customers. Meetings give you the best chance to turn a prospect into a sale and to develop long term relationships with your present customers – this course will ensure that you have the in depth skills and knowledge to make the most of this opportunity.
Suitable for any sales person who has a front line sales role and will be or is meeting face-to-face with customers.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Arrive at a sales meeting fully prepared
- Be able to manage and control the meeting from the beginning
- Ensure you have a complete understanding of your customer's business needs
- Present your product or service offering your customer solutions and benefits
- Ensure you gain the commitment to buy from the customer
- Tailor your approach to the customer's buying style
- Build a long lasting and positive relationship with your customer
- Produce your own development plan
Delegates will need to bring detailed information on products and services that they normally use during client meetings and come prepared for one upcoming face-to-face sales meeting. This will be used as a case study to be used during the course.
Preparation for the Meeting
- Differences between selling on the telephone and face to face meetings
- The various types of meetings and how they differ
- Objectives - why are you having the meeting?
- What to take and information to know
Structure of a Meeting
- Creating the right impression
- Introductions and agendas to manage the meeting
- Information gathering to ensure understanding
- Focused listening skills
- Presenting your case effectively – offering sales solutions
- Ensuring commitment to buy from the customer
- Following up to ensure a successful outcome
- First impressions matter
- Understanding and using body language
- The different customer personality types and how to effectively build rapport with them
- Some presentations will be recorded for you to view and you will be given feedback on how to enhance your approach and delivery
Using Visual Aids
- The different aids available – presenters, laptops, brochures etc
- How to use them effectively
- Preparing a personal action plan