Being in the back office doesn’t always keep you out of the firing line. How can you best support the organisational objectives and targets? The fact you are not in the sales team doesn’t help when the client calls and needs your help.
This one-day interactive workshop will provide you with an understanding of the sales environment and give you basic skills required to meet client challenges.
This course is ideal for any member of administrative and support teams working in a sales organisation. Whether your contact is written, on the phone or face-to-face this course will provide the basic understanding of the sales process and sales psychology so that you won’t ever feel out of place.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the psychology behind the modern day purchasing decisions that your customers make.
- Recognise how to make positive connections with every customer every time.
- Develop basic sales skills.
- Handle every objection professionally and productively.
- Manage challenging customer behaviour.
- Understand customer needs.
- Promote your own organisation.
- Be aware of your strengths and limitations.
- Prepare a personal development plan.
- Why people buy and how we sell. The principles of selling, influencing and persuasion
- What is a sales process?
- The profile of a sales person
The Basic Skills
- Why we need to question
- Active listening – not an option
- Building your confidence and keeping motivated
- Basic sales techniques
- Basic influence and persuasion skills
- Building rapport with customers
Your Role in Sales
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Customer retention
- Promoting your organisation
- Why the customer is always important but not always right
- What does the customer need?
- How you can help with customer relationships
- You are a customer
- What you will change back in the workplace
- What else do you need
- Next steps