This two-day interactive course will help you hone your communication skills and understand how to create and maintain the very best working relationships that are fundamental to your success, effectiveness and efficiency. The course will equip you with instantly usable models and skills, and incorporate time to share best practice with your fellow learners. This course can also form part of a new four-day IAM endorsed Diploma ‘The Executive PA Diploma’.
This two-day course is designed specifically for EAs, PAs and Office Professionals recognising the uniqueness of the role. Challenged with working with a diverse mix of people you need to be skilled at communicating effectively, as well as creating and maintaining rapport.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the communication model.
- Understand the three key elements of communication.
- Identify barriers to communication and strategies to overcome these.
- Experience first-hand how we create and maintain rapport.
- Recognise your own and others’ communication styles.
- Tailor your communication to include assertive, influential and motivational language.
- Employ active listening skills to optimise communication.
- Consider how to structure your communication – in person and in writing.
- Understand the scope, benefits and limitations of different communication channels including working in a digital age and sharing best practice for email management.
- Identify and achieve individual and collaborative goals.
The Communication Model
- Explore the implications and application of the Communications Model
- Identify barriers to communication and develop strategies to overcome these
- Experience first-hand how you can create and maintain rapport
- Recognise the three key elements of communication
The Art of Listening
- Understand the importance of listening to optimise communication
- Employ active listening skills and be able to interpret body language
Structuring Your Communication
- Consider the best structure for your communication – in person and in writing
- Tailor your communication to include influential language
- Recognise the importance of sensory-rich language
- Deliver your message with assertiveness
- Identify your own and others’ preferred communication styles
- Develop strategies to work more effectively with different communication styles
- Explore the scope, benefits and limitations of different communication channels
- Working in a digital age – share best practice including keeping control of your inbox
Working Together to Achieve Your Goals
- Understand the importance of motivational language when identifying and achieving your goals and outcomes
- Apply proven goal-setting practices to ensure successful achievement of your goals