This highly interactive and inspirational training course will improve your efficiency by building on your communication skills, assertiveness and prioritisation skills. It will help you develop your confidence and the ability to work pro-actively. It is an ideal opportunity to share experiences and interact with other PAs.
This course forms the second part of a three tier development path – please also refer to The Essential Office Professional - Professional Skills for Administrators, Secretaries and Support Staff and Professional Development for Senior PAs and Executive Assistants to ensure that this course is the most suitable for you.
This two-day course is designed for PAs and Office professionals who want to be more proactive and skilled, in order to manage multiple responsibilities more effectively.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the qualities of a successful PA to become more effective.
- Learn how to develop yourself and raise your profile to help you feel valued.
- Gain a greater understanding of your Manager’s role and how you can support them more effectively.
- Prioritise effectively and manage conflicting priorities.
- Deal with time stealers.
- Manage your email more effectively.
- Deal with constant diary changes.
- Build your confidence and overcome your fears.
- Communicate assertively with everyone.
- Have the tools to handle a difficult conversation.
To maximise the impact that your new skills will have on your organisation, we recommend that you discuss and agree your priority learning objectives with your manager before attending the course.
What Makes a Successful PA?
- Define your role
- Determine what makes us stand out from the rest
- Identify the skills and qualities for success
Be Recognised for What You Do
- Raise your profile
- Develop your role
- Create a personal brand
Understand your Manager’s Role
- Explore what your manager really does
- Define your manager’s objectives
- Build a successful working partnership
- Prioritise effectively
- Manage conflicting priorities
- Deal with constant interruptions
- Managing our e mail efficiently
- Looking after your Manager’s inbox
- Handling constant diary changes
- How to communicate professionally
- The importance of body language
- Listening and questioning to get results
Being Confident in Any Situation
- Learning what is confidence
- How to build your self esteem
- Overcome fears
- Identifying passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Being assertive
- Saying No without feeling guilty
Handling Difficult Behaviours/People and Situations
- Identifying and dealing the underlying causes of difficult behaviour
- Interacting effectively
- Tool kit to help you have a difficult conversation
- Accepting new challenges with confidence
- Action plan to implement and monitor development