This course will help you to understand what makes teams effective, and how to address some of the issues that can make them ineffective. You will explore a set of building blocks that support the development of an effective team, and will consider how to leverage the intrinsic drivers that motivate people and teams. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a live challenge, where you will work in a team to complete a project and evaluate your performance. Finally, you will analyse the four stages of team development, identifying where your team is right now and which leadership style will be most effective for moving your team forward.
This course is suitable for anyone who manages a team and would like to understand more about team dynamics and the role of the manager in helping the team to evolve towards high performance.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- State the characteristics of an effective team
- Plan to take the required steps for building an effective team
- Take action to mitigate the issues that can cause team dysfunction
- Identify actions to increase levels of motivation among team members
- Apply the building blocks of effective teams to a live challenge
- Evaluate your own team’s current development stage
- Identify the appropriate leadership style for your team
- Implement a set of planned actions to improve the effectiveness of your team