This management course will enable you to get the best from a wide variety of people who need to work together.
You will be able to empower your team to work at its best by modelling your leadership behaviours on the lessons from practical leadership theories. You will understand how to identify the variety of roles available in your team and harness the strength of the different profiles to achieve objectives. Through SMARTER conversations and the use of coaching and training models, you will learn to cultivate a cooperative team behaviour whilst encouraging healthy disruption.
Designed for supervisors, team leaders and managers who are looking to provide leadership to their team and ensure maximum effort, commitment and motivation in the achievement of their objectives. This course is a progression from People Management Skills for New Supervisors and Team Leaders.
- Know the key differences between management and leadership to enable you to be an effective manager
- Apply different styles of leadership according to the needs of the workplace situation
- Ensure you lead a performing team by taking key leadership actions
- Identify and meet the development needs of the team
- Understand why teams commonly fail and the appropriate actions to prevent this outcome
Please bring along a written copy of your company’s core values to the course.
You will also be required to complete a Belbin Team Role questionnaire prior to attending the course. Please note that the Belbin Self-Perception Inventory tests remain valid for two years – giving you the option to complete the 360 degree Observer Assessments at a later date.
- Management vs leadership
- Characteristics of different leadership styles
- Assessing the maturity level of your team
- Situational leadership model
- Team dynamics
- Taking suitable leadership actions for each stage
- Identify the team role categories to manage different personalities
- Understand how each role’s strengths and weaknesses contribute to the team
- Reviewing your Belbin report for personal application
- Uncovering training needs using gap analysis
- Differences between training and coaching
- Developing the skills of individuals using an effective training model
- Steps to successful coaching
- Building trust through the leader’s actions and behaviours
- The need for positive conflict for a functional team
- Gain commitment within the team using thematic goals
- Link the core values to the behavioural norms
- Make the team accountable to each other
- Delivering behavioural feedback
- Paying attention to results using SMART team objectives and ongoing metrics
- Create your personal application plan
- Create your team development plan
CMI Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership - Managing a Team to Achieve Results
CMI Level 5 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership - Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
CMI Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management and Leadership
Time Management for Managers
You may also like: Conflict Resolution