This course brings time management to life through practical exercises, tools and techniques which show just where time is lost, its impact on you and others – then shows you how effective prioritisation and management of time can make a difference to your work-life balance.
This highly practical workshop focuses on improved management of time and priorities. It shows how and where your time is lost. You will be given proven tools, tips and techniques which challenge your approach to your workload and help you regain control.
If you are a team leader, supervisor or professional who wants to ‘step up’ your productivity through better use of your time, this course is for you.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Value time as a resource for yourself, your team and your business
- Focus on your objectives and key areas of responsibilities
- Establish and overcome the causes of poor time management
- Identify and deal with time stealers
- Prioritise your tasks and the unexpected
- Plan ahead and minimise the demands and pressures of your job
- Delegate tasks successfully to free up some of your time
- Increase personal and team productivity to achieve a greater work-life balance.
Completing a time log for a minimum period of two days is a requirement of the workshop. This will help you to establish how you currently spend your time whilst identifying opportunities for you to put into practice the tools, tips and techniques in your role.
- What are you there to achieve?
- Linking objectives to key result areas
- What are your responsibilities and priorities?
- Goal setting for yourself
- Long-term goals and how they can help your planning
- Defining your personal timestealers
Planning and Prioritising
- How to prioritise your workload
- How to use priority ratings
- Using planning tools to optimum effect
- Time management practical application exercise
- Controlling your email
- Scheduling tools in Outlook
- How to use the key criteria for prioritising
- Proactive planning
Managing Your Communications
- Listening and questioning skills
- Controlling your email
- Handling phone interruptions
- Reading and writing – speedily and effectively
- Managing meetings
Working with Others
- Managing expectations of your workload to others
- Saying ‘no’ assertively (even to the boss)
- What is delegation and how to delegate successfully
Managing Your Work Environment Every Day
- Coping with the paper and the inbox
- Taking control of your time
- Problem solving and decision making to save your time
- Managing your stress levels
- Reviewing tips for working on the move
- Health checks
- Staying in control of workload
- The future