This two-day overview for managers covers all areas of mergers and acquisitions from initial planning, valuation and due diligence to post-acquisition integration. It allows you to evaluate potential acquisition targets simply, to make proposals to your M&A team.
It will give you a core understanding of the process and enable you to put together acquisition proposals for consideration by your board.
Suitable for all managers with a responsibility to identify potential acquisition targets, this programme will help you to better evaluate targets, identifying the key issues and prepare acquisition proposals.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify suitable acquisition targets.
- Evaluate financial performance of targets.
- Value businesses.
- Identify and value synergies using modelling techniques.
- Understand the due diligence process.
- Understand the key issues for post-acquisition integration.
- Ensure that your acquisitions provide a return.
- Identifying key gaps in the corporate strategy requiring acquisition
- Reviewing the competition to find a suitable fit
- Evaluating the financial performance of acquisition targets
- Use modelling techniques to forecast post-acquisition cash flow
- Value synergies, valuing specific variables for the negotiation
- Understand the due diligence process
- Identify key areas of risk
- Integrating processes
- Managing cultural issues
- Keeping your new key staff
- Formulating an action plan