Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®), this one-day course will cover working with and understanding different types of behaviours, how to get the most from others and how to collaborate and cooperate more effectively. The course will include psychometric testing to enable you to determine your own work preferences and how you can best adapt to the differing styles within your team.
Ideal for those who manage or work within a team and need to recognise and adapt to individual styles.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe your personal style.
- Identify how your preference impacts on others.
- Recognise the preferences of the team you work alongside.
- Adapt your style to work effectively with others.
- Build rapport and effective working relationships.
- Appreciate why people do the things they do.
- Work and communicate to full potential.
This course requires the completion of a pre-course questionnaire in order that we can ensure that the course focuses on your key issues and needs, and those of your manager. You will also be required to complete a psychometric questionnaire, the results of which will be discussed on the course.
Increase Self-awareness - Looking at Your Own Preference
- Introduction to Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Identifying your best fit - how you prefer to work
- Building on your strengths and developing your blind spots
Group Dynamics - Different Types and How They Impact a Team
- Group dynamics - the make-up of teams
- The advantages and disadvantages of different styles
Recognising the Preferences of Your Team
- Recognising the different types within the team
- Understand why people do the things they do
- How they like to communicate
- How they take in information
- How they make decisions
- How they plan their time
Building Rapport and Effective Working Relationships
- Identifying others’ strengths and limitations
- Recognising areas where styles and preferences differ
- Overcoming these differences and breaking down barriers
- Getting the most from others - playing to your strengths and theirs!
Working and Communicating to Full Potential
- Adapting your style to suit others
- Mirroring others - preferences to increase rapport and commitment
- Providing information that will be accepted and understood
- Agreeing methods of communication that fit best with the types in your team
- Tips to make the team gel and work more efficiently