In today’s fast paced and ever changing business world, mergers, acquisitions tender and bidding opportunities are becoming the norm. Over two intensive days, you will learn the key principles of effective bid and tender management. This will enable you to maximise your ability to plan,manage and submit powerful and successful bids.
This exciting and practical hands-on course focuses on providing you with the tools necessary to drive a compelling winning bid.
Using real-life examples, you will experience the dynamic and competitive natureof the complete bidding cycle. From initial bid evaluation and decision to tender, through resource allocation and daily management, to the ultimate production and submission of a bid, you will gain the tools to maximise your bidding opportunities.
Key business managers, business development executives, bid writers, key account managers, and research and business planning managers will all benefit from this exciting course. Fundamental business skills and concepts are assumed, and will not be covered on this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate and analyse bid requirements.
- Align your approach to what your customer wants.
- Determine and target the resources you will require.
- Identify the information you need to succeed.
- Structure your bid documentation effectively.
- Differentiate your bid from that of your competition.
- Plan and work efficiently within tight timescales.
- Assess and review your submission to drive continual improvement.
- Present your bid in a professional manner.
- Understand the basics of bid negotiation.
The Competitive Bidding Process
- Understanding bid basics
- Timescales and resources
- The buyer’s and the seller’s perspectives
- Business and legislative drivers
- Overseas implications
When to Bid – the Decision Making Process
- Bid/no-bid decisions
- Identifying ‘show-stoppers’
- What will excite your customer
- Alliances and partnership opportunities
- Strategic and tactical business excellence models
- EFQM and RADAR Scoring Matrix©
- Presenting and communicating your decisions
How to Manage an Effective Bid and Response
- What is an ideal bid?
- The ‘power’ team workshop
- Understanding the competition
- Formation of the core bid team
- Other members of the team
- Roles, skills and responsibilities
- The bid manager or director
- The structure and format of the bid document
- Controlling and monitoring the bid process
- Selling the benefits of your proposal
- Business case preparation and presentation
- The impact of change
- Qualifications to your bid
- Risk assessment and KPIs
- The ‘Red Review’ – why, who, when?
- Clarification requests
Production and Submission of Your Bid
- Structure and impact
- Follow-up, responding to queries
- Presenting to your customer
- Review and evaluation
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment, review and continual improvement
- Negotiating the deal